Sunday, April 8, 2007

Resurrection Power

Christ is Risen! Christ is Risen, indeed!
Unfortunately, this morning Eszter has risen quite early as well. And though her dad has gone decaf during these last 6 weeks of Lent, today it is a different story. As John Chrysostom said in his famous Easter sermon, "Are there any weary with fasting? Let them now receive their wages!" And believe me, this morning I was definitely weary, but I received my much needed wages in the form of a warm, dark-brown liquid. Therefore, dad is now fully risen too!

The potential spiritual metaphors from this are numerous, but instead I will leave you with another thought from Chrysostom that I found incredibly profound (as well as poetic):

Let no one mourn that he has fallen again and again;
for forgiveness has risen from the grave.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always filled with joy to see my precious little bears in Hungary. It is extra special to see my Easter Bear this year! (Many people have Easter bunnies but who else has an Easter Bear?)

Eszti, you don't need to guess how much I love you. You already know!
I can't wait to see you again.
With lots of kisses and hugs for your 1/2 birthday.
<3
Nanna

April 10, 2007 at 6:34:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nanna,
I had a really nice day today. I have been playing a lot with the doggy you gave me. I also love coffee cups and mommy says I got that from you or daddy.
Kisses,
Eszti

April 12, 2007 at 9:44:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zsofi,

Köszi a husveti emailt, aranyos vagy. En mar nem voltam az, el voltam utazva, meg legalabb pihentem egy jot.

Puszi, Ildika

April 18, 2007 at 12:39:00 PM GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Szioka Ildi,
orulok, hogy tudtal pihenni. Mi most voltunk Sopronban, de nem pihentunk, hanem egy konferencian vettunk reszt. Eszti nagyon edes volt, szorgalmas hozzaszolt a temakhoz es igy a vitatkozasok kozepette is megmosolyogtatta a tobbi resztvevot. :-)
Puszi,
Zsofi

April 26, 2007 at 12:36:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home